Gill Stannard

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

What is naturopathy?

Today was another milestone in Health Trip’s history. As I work my way around the RRR grid, I now find myself on Wax Lyrical at the early hour of 9.15 on a Wednesday morning. Namila Benson welcomed me on with some great music from Aotearoa. If you aren’t familiar with her morning slot Namila is a highly sort after DJ and journalist, on her RRR show she loves to play music from across the Pacific. She made me feel right at home.

As the world of naturopathy is new to Namila, today we had a general talk about naturopathy, complementary medicine, what happens when you come to see me and how different health practitioners can work together to help make you well.

Tune into the podcast (it should be up later in the week) if you’d like to listen to the show.

In the meantime – here is some information about naturopathy.

What happens when you see a herbalist/naturopath for the first time – more on how I work.

One of the cornerstones of naturopathy is “constitution” - What do I mean when I talk about constitution.

The professional organizations I belong to and recommend as a reliable way to help you find a qualified alternative therapist:

The National Herbalists Association phone (02) 8765 0071.

The Australian Natural Therapists Association phone 1800 817 577.

If you have any topics you’d like me to cover on the show, just leave a comment below.

No comments: