Gill Stannard

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Health Trip Newsletter - sign up for your copy today

I've managed to send my first e-newsletters to clients who have elected to receive it. Until I migrate from blogspot to a stand alone site I am unable to post the newsletter here (tips gratefully accepted). I've cut and pasted a few highlights and would like to take the time to thank all the Health Trip readers and listeners for your support as well over the past year.

UPDATE: If you'd like to subscribe to the newsletter just type in your email address in the box below (or the same box in the right column) its as simple as that.





Secure-Subscribe to our Email Newsletter









Thanks for your support over the past twelve months. It’s been another busy year in the clinic and on my regular fortnightly show on RRR (102.7 FM). If you are not familiar with ‘Health Trip”, all the details including links to podcasts of the program can be found at http://healthtrip.blogspot.com.



I will be taking a short break over the festive season from close of business on Friday 19 December and returning on Wednesday 7 January 2009. I’ll be in the clinic as usual on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays after that date.


I hope you find some time to decompress over summer and make your wishes for the New Year. I suspect 2009 will be an “interesting” one for most of us, so it is important to take care of our health to make the journey through these unchartered waters as smooth as possible.

I hope you enjoy the newsletter. You are welcome to pass this to anyone you think would enjoy the information by simply clicking the 'forward to a friend' link at the top or bottom of the page. Of course, if you don't want to receive this mail there is an unsubscribe button as well. I will trial sending short monthly updates in 2009, to keep you informed with what is going on at City Natural Therapies and share some of my writing on different aspects of wellbeing. I also have a couple of interesting publishing ventures in the pipeline that I hope to be able to share with you soon.



If you are wishing to contact me – please continue to do so in the usual way via the clinic phone (03 96503419).



Happy Solstice and an optimistic New Year!



In good health,


Gill Stannard



Surviving the Party Season


Eight simple tips to get through the season with a clearer head and happier liver.


Delicious and Nutritious Christmas Food


Getting stuck in a rut with festive food? These yummy and easy ideas are suited to celebrating solstice or Christmas under the Southern sun. here


Recipe of the Month - Guilt-free Ice cream

Inspired by Jill Dupleix's book "Lighten Up" - here's a simple, creamy summer dessert with no fuss, added sugar or dairy.

"I can't believe it's not ice cream"
(Serves 4, unless you want to keep it all for yourself)

3 - 4 bananas – peeled, chopped and frozen overnight
2 large mangoes
A generous squeeze of fresh lime juice
Blend all ingredients in a food processor til smooth. Pour into a container and freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from freezer 10-15 before serving.


Having a Happier Christmas


The festive season doesn't fill everyone with joy. If you or someone you care about get the seasonal blues, this article features a useful Christmas survival guide. here

I'll Drink to That!


With booze-buses out in full force at all times of day and night, this article about the pitfalls of the "standard drink" might just save your license...and your life.
here


Have a great Christmas


Looking forward to seeing you in 2009

Gill

No comments: